Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can't sleep... sleep too long... voices in my head... what should I do?

Every time I stand up I get a splitting headache. My vision goes black, I get dizzy, and I feel like I'm going to faint. It happens almost every time I stand up. It usually lasts about 3-10 seconds.
I have problems sleeping. It takes me forever to sleep, and I have to be really tired to go to sleep. If I don't sleep for at least 10 hours I feel really tired. Because of this my sleep schedule is always messed up, sometimes I sleep all day and do stuff during the night.
Alright... last one I promise. There's another person in my head. First off I want to know if it's normal to talk in your head. Hmm, kinda hard to explain. Like thinking of the words so you can almost hear them...? I dunno. Anyways there's this other guy in my head and he's pretty annoying. Sometimes I'll just be thinking to myself and he'll say "BLAH BLAH BLAH" or something and I'll be like what the hell dude? He annoys me and we fight all the time. We've had a few good conversations though...
Answer:
You should not be asking these questions on this site. I am sure that most of the people are nice and mean well but they are not professionals and CANNOT answer your questions with any kind of professionalism. Your symptoms are definitely not normal and should be analyzed by a competent psychiatrist. you may need psychopharmacology to help you reduce or eliminate your problems. only a competent psychiatrist can do this for you. A family doctor is worthless for emotional problems. They merely throw pills at you and tell you to come back in two weeks. I didn't read the answers on this site but if I were you I would disregard them and see a psychiatrist. Take care of yourself.
Your first symptom, dizziness when standing is probably just low blood pressure. The voice you hear may be a serious problem. You should consult a psychiatrist
See a doctor.
About the headaches-
If you are experiencing dizziness, you should probably try eating green vegetables such as collards or green beans.
Sleep-
You might have bad nerves. you should try doing something calming before going to bed like reading the Bible or drinking warm milk. Take a hot bath as well.
Voices-
Wat tha frick? u got me there bud!
Symptom #1 is called orthostatic hypotension with syncope, could be caused by dehydration, meds, or just a normal variation. When I get that, I do what the jet pilots do, and contract my leg muscles hard to increase venous return to my heart, which raises my blood pressure, which perfuses my brain, which makes the dizziness go away.

I have no idea about #2.

If you are serious %26 not putting us on, #3 sounds like some sort of break with reality or psychosis, which can happen with schizophrenia, severe manic phase of bipolar disease, and a number of drugs of abuse.

#1 might be treated with fluids and increased sodium intake. #2 is too nonspecific to comment upon
#3 is treated by a psychiatrist
If it's serious i would go to the Emergency Room about it because something bad could happen if you dont do something about it from the way i heard it seems like its serious but i would go to the doctor / emergency room but about the sleeping part when you try to sleep try taking a sleeping pill and set an alarm for the time you want to get up if it doesnt work have someone wake your up every day at the same time and your body get's use to waking up at this time and you may not even need an alarm
You really need to go to a mental health Dr. You need to be put on medication. The Dr. is trained to treat the illness that you have. Left untreated, you will get worse. Wouldn't you like to get him out of your head. Sometimes when people hear voices, it gets to the point that something bad could happen. You need to get help now. Please do not put it off. Things will only get worse. You really do need to talk to someone. The medication will help with the voices and help you get the sleep that you need.
not sleeping you need to see a doctor on.. the voices could be just your way of coping with stress.. did you always do this or did it just start recently.. i use to do that started when i was a child and continue until i hit 42...and the last year i had it .. it would keep me awake.. but i knew they were real.. and it was my way of combating the lonliness i was feeling..then one day it just stopped.. now the only time it will do it..if i invite the voices as a way to intertain myself.. if it is a recent thing you may want to talk to a mental health doctor just to make sure that it is not something serious
About the voices in your head thing...it's probably just a lot of inner dialogue. I know you what you're talking about, but it generally is pretty benign. I read in one of my anxiety self-help books that higher levels of internal dialogue correlate with higher levels of anxiety.

I wish you all the best in your treatment and recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net