Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Clinical depression?

i looked @ a site and the symptoms and i have almost all of the symptoms, i am not close with my parents, and i don't have many friends that i could talk to, many experiences in my life have started this stage, but i've gotten over it w/o any medical treatment, or counselling, i'm tired and i just don't know what to do anymore
Answer:
I also had all the symptoms of major depression at age 18, and was even suicidal. I think that by having a major religious experience that totally changed my outlook in life I basically changed what experts call my cognition.

Many experts believe that what causes people to get depressed is poor cognition, it's your thinking. You need a revolution in how you interpret life events.

People with the Teflon exterior like they said Pres. Reagan had bounce back from life's tough events. People with poor cognition succumb to life's events and end up under them instead of overcoming them.
you seriously need to talk to a medical professional. soon dear.
Michaela, Many events can trigger a depression and it can be hard to shake yourself out of it. Please, tell your parents you want to see your doctor for a check up this week. Your regular doctor can determine if you are clinically depressed, which is a chemically induced illness and can be controlled with medication. My gut, as a mother of 3, and as a person with a degree in Psychology, tells me you are young, perhaps a young teen and you are
feeling alone/lonely and this is VERY common. It gets better as you mature, but there is no reason to feel this way when you can get help. Please, honey, see your doctor and let him or her decide if you need to see a therapist. The fact that you did some research tells me you are not in as bad a state as you think. Hang in there. Growing up is not easy but we all go through it and you will too. Don't be afraid to ask for help. It is out there, even at the school. Talk to a guidance counselor if you can't see your doctor.
I understand exactly where you're at, and I have thought about psychological help. Something just keeps me from going it's like I have this feeling that tommorrow it will get better, but it doesn't. Been doing this for about three years I've even THOUGHT about ending it, but I have faith or hope that it will get better. This is not advice, just thought I'd let you know your not alone.
being tired all of the time is a huge symtom [as you may know]. i thought i was just going through regular teenage syndroms with my occasional depressing nights, but they became more frequent. my grades slipped, i sleeping 16 hours daily and i just didnt care about anything. i dont have many friends either, but i have a close friend who i was able to talk about it to. things wont get any easier if you hold it inside. if you have no one use a journal. i know it sounds corney, but it really works. write about what bugs you, whats on your mind and things like that. its a great way to relieve stress and to calm unwanted emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net