Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Childhood Issue That Never Seems To Go Away?

Since I was a little boy, I always had memories of being put back into diapers at an age that was not age-appropriate. I always wanted to confront my parents about it, especially my Dad b/c most of the memories I had were related to him. I didn't get the courage to confront my parents about it until I was in my early 20's (I'm 26 now) They confirmed that it happened and gave different reasons as to why it did. When I was little I had trouble with constipation and had to be given suppositories to make me go. My Mom had said that they were afraid I wouldn't be able to hold it b/c of the medicine and bought me diapers as a result. Another reaon was that I went to work with my Dad on his school bus and my Dad said he couldn't have stopped in the middle of his route. The last reason given by my Dad is that I couldn't button my pants in Kindergarten and had to wear a diaper to school b/c of it. It killks me to think I walked around like that in school. I have memories of being .
Answer:
If it's something that really bothers you, it might be a good idea to find a counsellor.

There's nothing wrong with an IQ of 96. It's average--you're about as smart as most people. I heard somewhere that President Bush's IQ is 89.
It probably pains your mom to see that and also women tend to like to shelter their kids from this stuff anyway because it might hurt their feelings.
Hey, what is the question? Seems you are obsessing about this,which has nothing to do with your IQ. If it becomes a problem to where you can't stop thinking about it, see a doctor. Could be OCD, which is when a person thinks they have to do something that doesn't make sense,just to be in control. If it actually happened, it really doesn't matter now.
Wow. At least they had some reasons. I'm sorry that happened to you. It is not your fault. Children are almost completely dependent on their adults. You know we spend the first 16-18 years of our life with our parents and the rest of our life recovering from them.
This is a big one. I have a niece who did the same thing with her child, she was getting ready to go to school and I remember saying to her you better get her use to going on the toilet or all the kids are going to laugh at her, she was very tiny and was very afraid of sitting on the toilet, and her mother just got into the habit of putting a diaper on her, out of laziness I guess and instead of working to try and help her get over her fear she just put on the diaper and before she knew it it was time to hurry up and make some changes. She did succeed but it took the whole summer. If you were having trouble with going I could see a parent putting on a diaper until the medicine worked. But from what I've read this is the most important time in life, a lot of things can happen to the physique at this time. If I were you I'd consult a doctor, sometime counseling helps with things like this, I'm sure the doctors heard it all before, so don't be ashamed. Sometimes parents do forget when and how they did things, that doesn't matter, all that matters is that you get over thinking somethings wrong with you, we all have our little mind blowing secrets that can drive us crazy thinking about them, don't worry it's not your fault, who remembers anyway, and if you still know someone who knows their old enough to know now that it had nothing to do with your doings. Oh what our parents do to us, they raise us for about twenty years and it takes us another twenty to get over it. Please feel better about yourself, you did nothing wrong
Hi. I really feel that your parents had your best interests at heart. I think that they phased you off diapers a little late due to practical reasons. From the given information your sole reason for being disturbed about this issue is due to the supposed embarassment that you were faced with when wearing diapers till an age much older than was necessary. If you really think about it , Do you think that people who saw you wearing diapers at the time remember that you were a bit too old for diapers ? The answer is probably ' No.' Those people who saw you at the time have moved forward with their lives and have in all probability forgotten about it. For a person to be embarassed about something, then for this embarassment to take place, people would have to be aware of it. That said, you are feeling embarassed about something which people have forgotten about. I hope you realise what i am attempting to explain. What i am saying is that you are feeling ashamed about something which people have forgotten about and therefore are not aware about. By doing this you are expending a great deal of energy and spending a lot of time. Think to yourself, all this time i have spent dwelling on the past , what have i have achieved ?. Unfortunately, the past is something we cannot erase. But we can do something about the present. I feel that you should bring closure to this issue by telling yourself ' i am feeling ashamed about something which happened a long time ago, which no one can even remember. My parents have acted in my best interests and did not mean to hurt me in any way. I am going put this issue behind me and use my time and energy more wisely and meaningfully.' I sincerely hope that you are able to deal with this issue and move on with your life.
Dude, an IQ of 96 is pretty much average. Average is 100, but the range for average is 80-120. Your IQ definitely isn't low or anything, like 46% or so of all people have an IQ that's lower than yours.

Anyway, I don't usually say this, but I think you just need to get over it. It happened, but that was in the past. You don't need to let it affect your life anymore. Obviously your parents did what they thought would be best, and didn't mean to do you harm. It doesn't mean you're defective. Just try to focus on good stuff in your life.

If you really can't let this go, you need to see a psychologist.
A psychologist may indeed help, but - if Meng is reading this - I know too well how you can't just "let it go", how these experiences become part of your basic mental reactions and all kinds of unrelated things remind you of them.
96 is an average 1Q. So don't worry about it!

Childhood humilation is real whether it was intentionally cruel or not. Because the memories are stored so early they are more emotional than rational, which is why you may have a hard time reasoning yourself away from the feelings of humiliation. Try some EMDR therapy to release this so that it doesn't hold you back in life!
I know you directed this question more towards men but I had a very similar incident happen to me as well. I suffered chronic urinary tract infections and sometimes would wet myself and then because of my parents inability to properly react to the situation I became ashamed to go to the bathroom and would hold it for long periods of time. Sometimes I would urinate or defecate in my clothes and as a punishment I had to wear diapers. It is humiliating and degrading to be so different at an age where children point out the obvious and make fun of the odd one out. My parents still think they did the right thing and I still am pissed off over it. Nothing is going to change the fact they did it, I still have issues and neither of us are going to change our minds. The best advice I could give you is to realize that even though it happened for whatever reason, your parents are human and they can make mistakes too. Sometimes small and sometimes so huge you can't even believe it. You can spend your time agonizing over it or take a proactive stance in making you happy. I would seek the advice of a therapist that could set you on the road to coming to terms with jealousy and anger issues. I am glad that you are in touch with your feelings enough to be so open in discussing your ordeal. Having a 96 IQ score is just that...a score. Numbers are just clever tags for things so we can file them neatly away in orderly fashion. You get your point across well and can adequately express yourself so forget the IQ none sense. Take care of yourself and make steps to being a better person than your dad. I wish you well and hope you get some closure to this soon. Good Luck!
Obviously this is causing you problems. Get yourself an appointment with a mental health therapist. You can start by talking to a school counselor if you are still in school. If not, you can call your county health department and ask about mental health services. Whoever you go to should not make you uncomfortable. If you don't feel you can trust them by your fourth session get a new counselor. But keep trying till you find one you can really open up to. It may take time but you opened up to the whole world by asking this so you obviously are willing to work thru this. You'll be surprised at how much it relieves you to talk about it in a non-judgemental environment like a therapist's office.
thy r not suppoose to go way u r suuppose to remeber thm
It's a role/age play fetish thing, explore with someone you love.
go to a shrink and make your parents pay for it.
I am still friends with lots of kids from my elementry school. We laugh about stuff from back then, sometimes its about pretty serious stuff.but you just laugh because you had no control.now you do..so it's really OK, because whatever happened, you lived through it.

Don't know how you stop thinking about it. That will be the tricky part.
I have read ur story over and over and am pretty sure that you do not have a problem and u are only creating 1 4 ur self.

i think u are poolin up 2 much..

ease it.. if i were u , i would never care a dam...u r quite normal now, then wats da problem.

as for ur IQ, IQ figures are the most misleading indices about onself... i mean it statistically .. IQ's are based on formulaes which are seriously flawed because most of them assume IQ to be constant with age..which common logic tells us is not possible

EQ is more important..thats Emotional Quotiotent...

(take the case of my country - India... most of our political leaders and statesmen never cleared higher secoandry...they flunk over and over again...when education did not work out...they took politics.. they have great EQs)

Leave ur past behind...look towards a brighter future.. and in case memmories haunt u... take a ride..go for a walk, workout..

Doent ever see a counsellor...cause u dont need one...if you do, it will always tormentize u that u had to see one cause U werent normal. rather talk 2 someone else.. a friend or rather someone much elder %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;grandparents ! !

i was known to be a dumb sort of guy till i was 15 cause i was simply shy and would not talk to anyone... no one expected me to become a school prefect and da president of my schools debating society. i suffered in silience for quite a couple of months during school.. till i understood the power of change.

Try to walk and move around with an attitude... if anyone says its wrong, shoot back " who said its mandatory to be right "
This boosts confidence..


U for sure have some hidden talent.. explore urself , identify and build upon them.if life cant get better, it could certainly get worse... dont let it.... make da most of it...


Dont forget . people around you are not any better or superior.. they are again people after all...bundles of 'weaknesses...'.

i could go on writing. i will stop now...i dont mind seein a wasted person.. i do mind seeing a person who is wasting himself for no reason. DONT BE SUCH A PERSON...
I think this is not unusual due to your cirmcumstance and that your reaction confirms that you are NORMAL for having these reactions. You DO however need to get some consseling to learn how to deal with the past. We cannot control our past, only our present and how we leave the past behind. You are not able yet to do this so someone, a good therapist can help you. SOmetimes it takes a few to find the right one. Beleive in yourself. Get the help you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net