Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cant wake up?

hey guys im 16 and have to get up around 730 everymorning to go to school, thing is no matter how many alarms i set i can never wake up ill just turn it off and roll over. i get to bed around 11 anyone have any ideas on how to get up early?
Answer:
Dude I'm 17 and I've always had this problem.

One thing I have noticed is that the more excited I am about the day the faster I get up (makes sense right). So like when I'm on vacation or on Christmas morning you obviously wake up faster. This isn't saying you like a pessimist that doesn't think something good is going to happen everyday, you just think it can wait a bit, you might even be a bit of a procrastinator if I'm correct. I am too, it's cool, we still can be really productive ha.

SO WHAT IS GOING TO HELP YOU WAKE UP?!
You don't have to necessarily get excited about every day, cause you can't always, but what it is that really gets you up, besides caffeine, is the bodily excitement or adrenaline. I'm no scientist, but try drastic wake ups. I mean, really loud music that comes one as an alarm, that you actually like and isn't annoying, it'll get you a bit happier and pumped, it'll make you feel like you're in a movie with a soundtrack ha, if you know what I mean.

Then once you actually get up, do a couple small exercises, just for a minute or two,l ike a set of push ups or crunches or jumping jacks or something like that, that'll get the blood flowing and the adrenaline raging. Kick start your days, I do this now on workdays, and on the weekends I catch up on sleep ha.

To comment on the others (I'm not saying they're wrong), but drinking alot of water may just wake you up in the middle of the night to make you pee. And all older people talk about is getting more sleep, sometimes it just isn't possible cause of homework and family stuff, catch up on sleep on the weekends or take a nap every few days, or sleep in class ha, jk. Going to sleep earlier prolly won't help too much, I've tried that too, plus it's hard to get to sleep earlier if you aren't used to it. Just wake up with something kinda fun, annoying alarm clocks won't last, you'll just break em ha.
Try going to bed at 10 and see if that helps. Teenagers actually need quite a bit of sleep so adding an extra hour can't hurt. Stay on a schedule too. It is easier if you go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
This is a pretty common problem. Can you have anyone wake you up? If so that can work. Try telling yourself and concentrating on it that you will get up at 7:30. Good luck!
Go to bed earlier.
drink lots of water the night before
I have the same exact problem...
Have anybody there to wake you up? Ask somebody to do so if there is someone there. Have a friend give you a wake up call if you have nobody. Otherwise... there isn't much you can really do.
i have the same problem!only im 13

my friend emailed me this site.Im gonna get one cuz it will work! THEY ARE THE GREATEST ALARM CLOCKS EVER!

you need to go to this site too!it is..

http://www.vincentchow.net/274/the-10-mo...
get an alarm with an irritating sound and with a hard way of turning it off. also try sleeping around 9-10, i know how ur feeling im 15 and i cant get up easily either.
Dave, Phil Connors here. You know, maybe you just need more pillow time. A lot of guys your age just need more time in the sack because of all you must do in a day. You go to school, try to learn stuff, hang out with friends, wonder about relationships, lift weights at the gym, surf the net, check out myspace and cruise for chicks. That takes a lot out of a guy. You may also be suffering from OSA - obstructive sleep apnea. Ask someone if you snore a lot or seem to obstruct your airway at night when your sleeping. If you do, see your doctor and let him/her know you think you may have sleep apnea. They can help you find your way to alert living. Good luck! Phil.
maybe you should try and sleep 8-9 hours so that your body is fully rested. Since you wake up at 7:30 then maybe you should try and go to sleep at 10:30. If not maybe you should tell your doctor..
Drink alot before you go to bed so you really need to pee when you wake up.
Well if you want to get up earlier, you should go to sleep earlier. See how that works. If youre body is only used to about 8 and a half houts of sleep, then try Going to sleep 8.5 hours before you need to get up. I'd recommend going to bed earlier gradually, that way its not a huge difference, about 5 minutes earlier per night should do the trick
Younger its easier to sleep for me but i got older i felt find with 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Summer time working nights make it differcult to sleep because of longer days, and the sun comes your cyrdcain rythrm gets a little wacky for me.
My suggestion is to try going to sleep earlier, one time is not going to work, you have to give you body time to adjust.

Also, my mom use to come in after I fell asleep and hide a "wind up" clock somewhere in my room, so that way I would have to get out of bed in the morning and find it to shut it off. By the time I found it I was out of bed long enough to stay awake.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net