Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cognitive reduction in bipolar disorder?

The cognitive processes are like this:

Attention
Language processing
Learning and development
Memory
Perception and action

My psychiatrist says in bipolar disorder we dont experience that, as in, schziophrenia, there are days i've felt that my cognitive processes were way too low, even, i felt stupid, anyone else that is bipolar has felt this way? like someday u have 29 for IQ
Answer:
I am not bipolar or schizophrenic but I have days where I feel like my IQ is probably 29 or lower and I have felt stupid and sluggish.
So do not feel you are abnormal in this department.
People with bipolar disorder do experience deficits with long-term memory as well as all of the above topics you mentioned.
It's part of having Bipolar disorder. Sometimes, my IQ is 29, but at other times it is 330.

There is a thinking disorder component for some people with bipolar disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net