Sunday, October 25, 2009

Can they put me in the hospital if?

I'm going to go see a counselor at the school counseling center about feeling depressed all the time. I thnk I should tell the counselor about my tendency to want to hurt people when I see them. I'm going to tell the counselor that when I see people I have a tendency to want to hurt them. Both verbally and physically. I'm just afraid if I tell the counselor the counselor will put me in the hospital. Can the counselor put me in the hospital if I tell him/her that?
Answer:
I was just wondering, is the school counsel all you are seeing, You might need to see some Dr. Honey I know you must be hurting inside, but it is good that you are getting some help, but from what you have said I thank you need to see a Dr for help. I am not going to lie to you, but if you go in there and say you are going to hurt someone or your self, that is her job to report that. You know how much the world is missed up with kids killing other kids in school. Yes they will take you to the hospital. But that might be a good thing, Please if you are thanking about hurting your self or other get help. Life is hard sometime, but it is not worth hurting your self or getting your self into loads of trouble. Just thank if you blank out and hurt someone at school, you will not have to worry about the hospital you will have to worry about jail! or prison. Please get help!! ask your counsel who to go to. If money is the problem there are free clients around that is for people in need of help. I will pray for you and Good Luck
Obviously you haven't lost touch with your conscience because you haven't acted out on these impulses. I think it's more likely of your counselor to figure out where these impulses are coming from. The only reason for being institutionalized would be if you were at high risk for hurting yourself or someone else (and you have not).
I'm working temporarily at a mental hospital and yes, if someone says they are suicidal or homicidal (thinking about hurting themselves or others), they are immediately admitted.
Yes. It is possible that your therapist could choose to hospitalize you if you are IMMENENTLY suicdal and/or homicidal.
Legally it would be determined by how serious the counselor thinks you are about hurting people. If she thinks there is a real risk that you may, she can have you committed. I hope you are also getting medical treatment for your depression.
Yes, if you're under 18 years old and either a danger to yourself or others, you may be put on an 72 hour hold (called a "5150"). At least that's what they do in CA. I don't know where you reside, but most likely, you will be brought to the hospital, which is not the worst thing in the world. As a psych., I advise you to be upfront with the counselor and get the treatment that you truly need before things get worse.

Good luck!
What your counselor will probably do is to call out a mobile psychiatric emergency response team ("pet" team), the assessor from the pet team will them meet with you and your therapist to determine if you need to be hospitalized. You should be open and honest with your therapist/ counselor at all times, because whatever services you are seeking are for your own mental health well being. Ultimately its your choice, but what good is therapy if you cant share your thoughts and feelings?
I think you are doing the right thing about telling your counselor about wanting to hurt people. The counselor can have you put in the hospital if he / she feels that you are an imminent danger to yourself or others. Before deciding NOT to tell your counselor about how you feel for fear of being hospitilized, consider this: Obviously feeling depressed and aggressive is making you miserable. Ask yourself, would it be so bad to go somewhere (a hospital) where you could receive proper treatment and intensive counselling so that you may no longer have to struggle with these feelings? You may not come out completely "cured", but you could learn where your feelings are coming from, and how to properly deal with them.
If you want to try something that is different and is totally drug free and WORKS, then try energy therapy. EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) is a drug free therapy that is easy to learn and you can do it on yourself whenever you feel depressed. It works quickly so you are not seeing a therapist for years.

You can download a free manual from the EFT site now!

Also find out more info from these web sites. Hang in there.. help is at hand without being hospitalized.
Everyone else is right. You should consider, wouldn't it be better to be getting help than to be miserable, no matter what the cost? However, I know what it can feel like to be in therapy and WANT to say something, but not know how it will pan out so you don't say anything. I would suggest asking your therapist "Are there any circumstances in which you could have me admitted to a hospital against my will? If so, what circumstances?" and just see what your therapist says. Then you can decide from there what, if anything, you want to tell them. I would caution, if you're truly not sure you want to say anything, make sure they answer your question before you tell them what you're thinking of. Good luck!
It sounds as though you have obsessive thinking. With this disorder, you can think things that are really terrible to you and the harder you try not to think about them, the more you do think about them. Then anxiety that you might do it, just feeds your fear and the thoughts keep coming, and you scare yourself. If your counselor is good, they will refer you to a psychologist for psyche testing, which in turn will probably result in being referred to a Psychiatrist for medication mangement. It sounds to me as if you have a chemical imbalance in your brain, and they will be able to easily manage this with medication to balance you out again. The fact that you recognize this and are seeking help tells me alot that you recognize something is wrong and you don't want to think this way and are miserable. Doctors and counselors deal with this disorder all the time. Do not be afraid to be completely honest and forthcoming about your feelings. After proper treament you will completely normal again, and can be a happy, healthy person. I wish you all the luck, and speedy relief!
That is great, people are beginning to get the hang of what I am doing here. It is a shame and a sham what our medical psychiatric social system has become and what it does to our society. Yes as soon as you tell someone that you believe that you are getting ready to hurt yourself or another if you mean it or not you are said to be high risk. You may just be wanting to get it out for the heck of it so that you can release it and in this day and time that is not even allowed. So emotional freedom is a great thing. Anyone that is willing to help me with this I can't say how much I appreciate what you are doing. I am the whistleblower now it is up to you all to straighten out the real problems and get them off of mine and others backs. I do right because I am right. We need peace, love, and real justice in this country not some covered up coercive and forced form of subliminal terrorism. Thank you for asking this question and thanks for some of the answers. Just this too we must remember that if a person is really hooked on these meds they can not just come off cold turkey it can cause toxic seizures and that is truthful. I don't want to harm I want to help heal our country and our people. Peace.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ies-matter...
If they think you are a serious threat to yours or others' health, they will probably admit you. It all depends on what you share during the counselor's evaluation. It's entirely possible you'd end up in a hospital. The best idea though, is probably to share this information (about how you feel) with a counselor.
You need some serious help son. Tell your counselor how you feel. The next step is go to a clinic, I am sure there are free ones around you. You are in need of some help, and unless you seek it out, you may be like the Virginia tech massacre. Please do not be like that! Get some help now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net