Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can you be happy yet unsatisfied?

i find that i can tell people .. yeah, im happy with my life. but i also feel a great feeling of unsatisfaction. and thats bringing the happiness down. i just feel so unsatisfied with life. what satisfies you? and what makes you content? will there ever be a day when you will be satisfied for the rest of your life?
Answer:
It may be that feeling of dissatisfaction that keeps us striving for something better, something more fulfilling. I don't think it's unusual to have these feelings. It's definitely not a bad thing ... keeps you looking for something better. After all, if you reached total fulfillment, what would you do then?
Do you believe in God?

Only knowing Him will fill that void you are feeling...

either that or depression.
I find satisfaction in not worrying (well that is.. when I can stop worrying). Thats when I feel at peace. No matter all the great, heroic, or fun things that a person can do while living.. all life doesn't last forever and so does the ideas of happiness or unhappiness too go through impermanence to some similar extent.
i am happy!
maybe you have depression so you should go see a phycitrist (sry about the spelling) yes i can relate to you thoughh. i feel the same way sometimes and what i do to make myself feel better is write. i wirte whatever comes to mind and whatever will get my feelings out. it might not help you cause im probably insane..at least thats what ppl tell me because i write... im sry if this doesnt help
I can be happy with what I'm doing in my life, and some of my surroundings, but know that I want for more. It depends how far outside yourself you look. My career and volunteer work has been about helping people. I won't be content with how well we can do that at any time before I die, but I can still be happy. The farther you look beyond what you control, the more you will see suffering or injustice about which you cannot be content and cannot change. But one can be personally happy, existentially happy despite that.

I am happy with my freedom, with the choices I've made within the limited possibilities I've had, that someone loves me, though not many people, not really. I wish I could eat anything I felt like, but I am happy with the knowledge that if I count the calories of everything I eat for some weeks or months, I can lose enough weight to not have to be so careful about what I eat for a while. Biology and culture present all sorts of situations like that where one can feel oppressed by them, yet experience can show you a way to live happily within that constraint. Maybe I'd be happier being king of the world, but maybe that would just present more problems to manage. So I may already be as happy as I can be.

The bigger question is are you in fact existentially happy, or are you wearing a mask because you don't want others or yourself to know your unhappiness? Only you can tell. If no one really loves you, that's not happiness I would think. You'd have to be specific about what the discontent is about, but in theory, yes, someone can be happy about one's day to day life yet dissatisfied about parts of life.
Wow you have almost read my mind, it is so much easier to preach "life is what you make it" then to actually do it. I do think there will be a definitely be a day when you will be satisfied with your life, but there will always be aspirations you seek that would make your life even better. There will however come a point when although you know what more you would like out of life, the one you have will suffice just nicely.

Actually my 80 year old Grandmother was just talking to me about how her life is perfect because she has her entire family around her and everyone is healthy and she said at her age that is the only thing she needs. That really gave me a warm fuzzy in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net