Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can you give me one reason to not give up on life?

I can't handle it anymore...I'm so stressed out, there's no help for me either.I just lost my job due to my depression...Now I have no insurance, I ran out of my anti-depressant medication, and I feel worse! I have no $$ to pay for a psychologist, and can't afford to get that last refill on my medicine! I live w/my abusive father...I don't have anywhere to go, no friends, I am a grown girl--22yrs. old, but have nobody.:0( I see no way out of my pain..Can you help me?

:0(
Answer:
One reason, sure LIFE..this isa ll we get one chance to go around to live, love laugh and see sunsets and hear a great song and feel the warmth of a lover.I suffer from depression too, and know exactly how it feels to feel how you are feeling, depression is an illness that is not untreatable..you do have to work for it. Life IS worth living, make it worth living. who knows whats on the other side, all I know is there are more than one thing to live for on this side, and that is coming from me on a bad day. Nothing lasts forever, even pain ,even depression ,even life, we do all die one day, so make this one count.

To start, set urself up wuith a schedule, get up at 7 am everym oring nad look for a job until noon, then do some sort of physical activinty for 1-2 hours, then spend 2 hours doing something intellectual, read, write, etc then wathc some good FUNNY TV something to make you laugh, eat a good diet, spend time with friends and loved ones, if you don't have any join a club or some kind of community education program (they are cheap) and meet people. Structure, schedule, and accomplishing small goals will get you feeling better, then you get a job and have that to fulfill your needs, and make $$$$ as soo nas you can get a mentla health professional and gets some meds, they Do help. Also, look into www.nami.com they are a free national mental health care organizatrion that can help you...

Best of luck
Commit yourself to a hospital for help, they have to help you if you feel like hurting yourself. If you said the magic words to the police they would commit you for your own good. Sounds to me like this would be a good thing for you to do.
talk to god he will help you
he helps everyone
Just call out to God. God will never let you suffer for long, everything will turn around just please don't hurt yourself...it will be okay. pray to God. he will help you..
Look. Don't give up! Sometimes I feel depressed, because I feel like I'm not good at anything I do! But i no I'm a good person and I'm good at working with other people. Try to find something you like to do. If running will help you take out the stress than run! Get a pet if you feel lonely. Dogs are always by your side! NEVER GIVE UP! Life is to precious for that!

If you don't have a job, find one. you will make friends at work!
i thought this way last year and i would encourage u not to give up on life. i'm sure u r a really cool person and that there r people who don't want u to give up on life. if it makes a difference, i don't want u to give up on life. although i don't know u i would never want anyone to give up on life.
Dear Emily. Please go to the following link immediately. http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html... or call 1-800-784-2433 or 273-8255.

There is hope. I know that sounds cheesy, but there are people who live to help you live. Words are just words, but death is forever. You can't take it back. Please post again to let us know you're getting help!
if you're depressed I think it's not good to be by yourself cuz you'll probably get more depressed. are you sure you aren't exagerating when you say you have no friends? we all have friends, it's just that we forget them when we're down. you should call one and just tell him/her you're feeling down and sad and ask if she/he could go out with you so you could talk to her about what's going on with your life. see, truth is, I don't think w can do much for you, cuz internet does not cure depression. but be sure, there IS help for you and there IS a way out of all the pain. You know, actually there's nothing you can't overcome. life functions this way. don't know if you want to give up on life. BUT NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF.

take care ok?
Keep in mind that giving up and ending your life is a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem. Sweetie, I have also been in the depths of depression, and I understand how it feels like there is no way out, no way up. Please know from my experience that it will get better. Maybe not as soon as you want, but it will!! I promise. Go to a hospital that can help you. If you are serious, and you let them know that you are considering suicide, they can not turn you away. From that point they will help you get your medicines, and put you in contact with the programs that can help you get your life back, maybe even get you out from under your father's roof. I must say that if I had given up I would never have met my beautiful daughter Lily. Much love and best of wishes. ~Been there
Attention.If you were being treated for depression, you CANNOT be fired for that ailment. The employer is not allowed to fire you for a disability. If it is indeed like you say, see a lawyer if your employer will not take you back.

About the depression. You need to realize that you HAVE to have a job in order to escape from your problems. That should be priority ONE.
Emily - Please get some professional help. Call your local Family Services department and ask them to set up an appointment with a FREE counselor.

While waiting for your appointment, please know stress and depression can have many causes: mental (what you are thinking), emotional (too many blocked emotions) and physical (an inactive lifestyle). To work through your stress and depression you need to work on all levels.

MENTAL - According to Richard Carlson, author of "You Can Be Happy No Matter What," most people think happiness is conditional and outside of themselves or expect that it is a fleeting feeling based on the events in their lives or their circumstances. They don't realize that their happiness is inside of them IN THE MOMENT.

According to Carlson, most people are unhappy because most of their thinking is negative. Negative thinking IN THE MOMENT leads to a negative feeling IN THE MOMENT which leads to a negative mood. Then the negative mood leads to a negative feeling in the moment which leads to more negative thinking in the moment. It becomes a viscous circle.

The reverse is also true. Positive thinking in the moment leads to positive feelings in the moment which leads to a positive mood.

The trick is not to try to feel better or think positively, the trick is to think positive thoughts and to FEEL GOOD. When I feel down, I don't try to change what I'm thinking/feeling, I just DELIBERATELY start thinking positive thoughts about things I like..

When you start to think or feel negative, STOP THINKING ABOUT WHATEVER YOU ARE THINKING and DELIBERATELY start thinking about things that make you happy. You have to make a deliberate effort. I just say things to myself like "I like the song Forever Young by Rod Stewart, I like chocolate chip cookies, I like the movie French Kiss" By changing my focus I immediately change my feelings and then my thoughts automatically go back to positive. You might want to make a "Happy" list and carry it with you for those times when negative thoughts/feelings get the best of you.

EMOTIONAL - Every day we all feel many different emotions. Emotions are just ENERGIES IN MOTION in our bodies. Emotions are meant to be FELT and RELEASED. In America, we are taught that emotions are weak and so most people ignore or downplay their emotions.

Every time you don't allow yourself or you aren't allowed to fully experience an emotion, to feel it, and to move through it, the energy of that emotion becomes stopped and blocked in your body. It remains blocked until you go back and re-experience that emotion. Then the energetic block is freed and cleared. Virtually all of our physical ailments come from energetic blocks in our bodies, energetic patterns that are connected to our emotional patterns

When emotions are blocked for a long time, your body shuts down emotionally and you get numb (depressed). You feel tired and have no interest in anything. The emotions that are blocked also tend to LEAK out (like in angry outbursts).

One good way to release blocked emotions and stress is to use EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or Emotional Tapping. In EFT you apply gentle acupressure tapping to specific body points to release blocked emotions. EFT is easy to learn (you can learn the basics in 15-30 minutes). You can use EFT anytime, anywhere for any emotional or physical issue. One basic round of EFT takes about one minute to complete. EFT works quickly and painlessly.

Please download the FREE EFT Instructional manual from the EFT website (www.emofree.com). Also, please watch the FREE EFT Introductory video.

PHYSICAL - If you are a person who doesn't exercise on a regular basis, your body gets "Stale" and you feel tired and lethargic. Taking a brisk 15 minute walk every day will do wonders to improve your mood. Exercise releases endorphins, which are natural mood elevators into the bloodstream, which makes you feel GOOD.

DON'T GIVE UP...THINGS WILL GET BETTER FOR YOU!
#1 reason: You.
You are obviously desperate to have a better life. That is reason enough not to give up. Your life can only be as good as you make it. There is no easy answer. You must do all of the hard work to make it better, but it will be worth it. You won't be happy unless you make yourself happy. Give yourself reasons to be happy instead of dwelling on the negative. Do things for yourself. Get a job you are comfortable with (get ready for the hard work...) Appreciate your hard work and do things to make yourself proud. If you like animals, volunteer at an animal shelter to help save homeless pets. If you have a patch of dirt, plant some flowers and water them every day. The responsiblility and routine will help give you some stability and you will feel proud when you see them grow. Get up early in the morning and go for a walk or jog. Get free magazines from your local library and then cut out pictures that you like. Paste them on a board or keep them in a scrap book. Do this every month and then look over how your pictures change every month. This will help you reflect on who you are and what you are feeling. Set small goals and then DO THINGS TO REACH THEM. Setting goals will help you overcome the feeling of being overwhelmed by the big picture.
Coming out of a depression IS NOT EASY, but YOU are the only one who can do it. And trust me, it IS worth doing. Hang in there!
PS: A simple smile can do wonders for your day. Keep a bucketfull around and put a few in your pockets for safe-keeping. :)
The reason that you should not give up on life is because you'll let the mean, insensitive, misunderstanding, rude, money grubbers win. I have been in a similar situation and it took finding something that I am really interested in to keep my mind going and really give me another reason not to give up. I started going to school again, and that is something that is filling up my extra time. It is a very hard situation to pull through but look around, figure out what you like to do and go for it, if you want to go back to school then go for it, there is always a way to pay for college, and you don't have to really worry about that money until you have your degree. Keep your head up.
l feel your pain..is there absolutley no one you could turn to? whatever, i can sense your a good person, i hope you pull through
I'm so sorry for your pain...I just want to convey to you one thing.DON'T GIVE UP!! Feelings are NOT facts...they are the end result of our thought patterns...Thereby, if you CHANGE the way you think, you can change the way you feel...This is called, rational-emotive, behavioral therapy..(REBT). It really works, to read more on it, go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/rebt...

*Also, remember, you are NOT ALONE! This too shall pass, Emily, pray to God, for he is there for you always..
I feel your pain hon, I was in your place two weeks ago and was hospitalized. what the people above me have said is good, there are ways to get out. If you need support please contact me (littlemissmeghan@yahoo.com) YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS STRUGGLE... YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD. Take care of yourself. People love you. I will be here for you if you need it.
Everyone has their problems in life. Its just a matter on how you solve them.
Thats what life is about. Open your eyes to a new dimension. Look past all the people and friends your missing, and the things you dont have to live in a normal society and see what life really is. Look at what your standing on and think about what is above you. It is so amazing how everything is just here. And your in it. Hopefully you believe in god and you will see it alot easier. Look at how he made everything and it all goes together so well. Its so incredible. Emily, Your life is so unbelievably precious. Dont give up. Your life is worth fighting for. And if you could take me seriously. I would be your friend. A good friend. I wouldnt judge you or think any less of you as a person. I know for a fact that you can make it, and you can make it good in life. Just try harder. All these people give great advice. And their are so many people with the same exact problem and many have it really hard. Much Love.
xox Brittany xox
don't give up hope it will get better. just have faith that god will save you. just pray every chance you get. pray to god for help he will save you. all you need is faith. I'll pray for your help to. they're are people out there who care and will do everything they can to help. all you need is to have faith.
Hey! there is always a brighter side to things and yes you can make it.Hang in there there is help.Heavenly Father I want you to lift girl in your arms and make her understand she is loved the way she is and give her the knowledge that she can find help. I want you to call your local AA place ,call the
hospital tell them what is happening if they can't help you they will direct you to someone who can. Hang on your a great person.
Emily.. DO NOT do anything "Stupid please", you are having a Spiritually war with Staten, it's all a lie!.. turn to God it's FREE!, find yourself a good base Church.. and quit hanging out with negative people.. I would rather have one good Christian friend,, than 10 friends just hanging out doing "NOTHING"... remember JESUS loves you!, you are a lost sheep right now.. talk with him just like you would any friend.. don't be embarrassed.. your Christian friend.. Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net