Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can you get post partum depression from a miscarrige?

about a month ago i lost what would have been my second child after my husband and i had been trying for 2 years... and now i cant seem to get out of a funk
Answer:
Post partum is caused by the hormones in your body fluxuating after pregnancy, so i do believe you can get it after a miscarriage. Also, the fact that a miscarriage occured after trying for so long could very likely cause some depression. I have been through that myself. If your symptoms get worse or you cannot get out of your "funk" for too much longer, I would recommend seeking the opinion of a doctor. Hope this helps.
well gosh, I would think so! you may need to see a therapist to resolve some of the issues that are keeping you down.
not even necessarily post partum depression but it could just be putting you into a plain old depression..that is a really hard thing to go through so that could be expected
I'm not sure whether it would be considered post-partum depression (it very well might), but it's completely understandable that you are experiencing depression, post-partum or not! You have experienced a huge loss and you are grieving. You should find yourself a counselor to help you through this.
I am so sorry to hear about your recent loss. I'm not sure about the postpartum, but I would imagine it could easily be depression after such traumatic event.
I too had a miscarriage and am happy to say that 6-months later I did conceive and now my son is almost a year old.
My doctor and I spoke about the miscarriage and he told me that at least 20% of all pregnancies end this way. So you are not alone and the chance of a recurrence is small.
I would just recommend taking it one day at a time, it is often hard to talk to family because they just don't fully understand how much you are hurting. But in my experience the only thing that helps is time..If you really need to talk to someone who has been there, search online for some miscarriage support groups in your area or meet with a therapist. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net