Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can you ever overcome being shy?

I don't want to change my personalty as such, but i'd love to have more confidence in myself and not get nervous
Answer:
I'm really shy aswell, but over the years my shyness has kind of gone down. 1st of all you can't care about what people think of you. If you do, you're scared to reveal your possibly lovely personality, but don't be. Try to take initiative. Talk to random people wherever you go. Talk to people who don't know you, so they'll assume you're never shy so you'll be less embarassed to talk to them, and you can practise gaining confidence on them.

I can't actually figure out how I started being more confident, but I am still shy, but i'm working on it lol. I'm really much better. I'm sure you must have a few friends you are comfortable with and not shy with, why don't you talk to other people with them by your side until you gain a little more confidence?

Take an active part in talking to people. Don't just be the answerer. Now I find myself joining into random people's conversations sometimes. Basically don't think, do. I really hope this helped.
Practice! Get involved in every activity that you can... It will develop your confidence and make you less shy.
...I havent figured out how...sorry, try saying something funny, just one time thats all you need and they're hooked.Can I have ten points please?
take a course in public speaking,i did. and it worked
The best way to change things about your personality is to act like you are whatever. Act like you are confident and outgoing. It will feel weird at first, but it turns into a habit and then you have changed!
You can do it, it just takes courage.
Better living through alcohol helped me. I began going to clubs and drinking when I was 17. Then I would talk to people. After awhile, I realized people were not as bad as I thought they were and I was able to talk to people without the added benefit of alcohol.
No
Your not alone, a lot of people go threw this.Find people that like to do the same things as you do.
Being around more people, helps.
What i did for this was to find something that i enjoyed so much that i had to share it with others, and that gave me practice in talking with others.
I sure hope this helps.
I suffer from a lack of confidence and shyness, though many people who 'think' they know/knew me would never have known. I think slowly as we become older we do deal with such issues in a better way. You shouldn't change your personality - the core you - that which makes you Special. I'm sure there are different reasons for what you and others (and myself) feel. Even without the confidence, you should remind yourself that you have every right to exist. Providing your heart is more than half good, you should know this:

"Why feel shy when our lives are short? Why feel small when death awaits? Why wait to die before you find true strength? Why be dead when you are alive?"
Try to talk to yourself in front of a mirror several times a day ,a
or ask ''someone '' to make you shy on purpose and i think it will help you to overcome this problem
although you cant tell, i am very shy. i constantly criticize myself, but you know how i got over it? i got new friends (mostly because my old ones kept on putting me down) but they helped me become more confident. they bring out the silliest in me, and it makes me seem confident. i still find it very hard to talk (like give speeches) in front of people, but im working on it =]
Actually, as not many people have known, the shyness comes from your anxiety within. In other words, as long as you're anxious or stressful sometimes or all the time, you're shy and lack of confidence and easy to be nervous, because you couldn't relax and to be yourself as well. So the key here is ANXIETY inside. period! So you'd need to lessen your anxiety a little each day, bits by bits. Don't need to hurry. Try to slow down on your pace of living and to feel the "minute feelings" of the anxiety within and to be with it by yourself. Try it. You'd feel much better when your mind has focused solely on it -- everything else later. As you have lived with the anxiety, it'd be lessened as a result. And you'd become more confidence and less pay attention to other people's criticisms on you. And, then, you'd be less shy.
yes u can overcome it i used to be kinda shy, but when i started working i made it my daily goal to start a conversation with at least one person, and it worked i meet a lot of ppl and made lots of friends. i used to get so nervous thought i remember i would even shake a bit lol.
I used to be very shy, but I'm slowly overcoming my shyness.
Here are a few tips:
-Try to feel calm around ppl
-Pretend like you already know them( it helps you feel more familiar w them and once you feel familiar you won't have such a problm talking to them)

-Try to talk to ppl you don't know (try to talk to schoolmates that you've never talked before) Say anything or ask anything..

The more you practice to talk to ppl you don't know well, the better you get at it. And the more comfortable you'll get.

I know it's not always easy but the more you practice the easier it gets!!
How old are you?
Age is a big factor, right up until I was about 19 I was horrendous in public situtations, then suddenly i just changed.
Honestly can you think of any really shy over 30 year olds, I cant think of many.
Yeah I think you can get over it but not fully. You have to use your willpower and force yourself into uncomfortable social situations and try to handle things. I used to be real shy but now I am not so much.
I am a male and have had this problem all my life. Only now am I getting advice from a cognitive behavioural therapist. It sounds as though you suffer from socia phobia just like I do. Hey your not alone. See your doctor and you will be put in touch with somone who can help you, don't let it carry on I made that mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net