Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can you please pray for me?

I am very depressed right now. My daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia last year and we went through so much together as she had a bone marrow transplant. I was very strong through everything but now a year later, I am a mess. So depressed and feeling suicidal. Please pray for strength for me and that the enemy will not torment my mind anymore. I feel like a failure because I'm having such a hard time trying to get back to work and back to normal life. Thank you for your prayers.
Answer:
Don't worry I'll pray for you and keep staying strong. Your doing a great job through all this mess.
I don't pray.
I work at in two different hospitals. One is a mental health hospital. I see many cases like yours. You can always call someone or get help for your daughter.
I will say a pray and my pray group will also, good luck.
I don't usually pray but in this case I am definately making an exception. I hope with all my heart that you can start to feel more confident and secure. You deserve it. If you have been as strong as you say you have been in the past then you definately have it in you. I think everyone thinks about suicide from time to time. I know I have and I have hardly the woes that you have. Is your daughter OK? She does need you to be strong. Don't give up and if you need to tak to somebody call 1800 273 talk. There is somebody there who will listen. My prayers today are for you. Keep smilin because even though life can work against us from time to time it is usually just trying to teach us a lessson. For you i pray.
You need to get yourself to a support group. Talk to other parents who have gone through exactly what you're going through (Ashley, right?) with your daughter. Please call her oncologist's office. The staff can give you LOTS of information on support groups.
Please use them. Even thought it was last year. Sometimes people rally during a crisis. They feel needed and have a purpose. When the worst of the crisis is over, the depression of the situation hits hard and you feel like you don't have a purpose anymore.
I WILL PRAY FOR YOU ALL THE TIME THE DOCOR TOLD MY SON HE MIGHT HAVE LUKEMIA BUT AFTER ALOT OF TESTING AND LOTS OF PRAYER!! HE DIDNY HAVE IT THANK GOD SO I WILL PRAY EVERYDAY FOR STRENGHT FOR YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER
i'll pray 4r u
Smiles, you keep smiling and keep the faith. I will pray for you.I know God is going to do something good for you for all you've been through. God Bless
I'm very sorry about all you and your daughter have been threw .Everyone gets down and out at times.Just think of this way , God put you here for a reason and when he gets ready for any of us . We don't have a choice , Please I ask in the name of Jesus to hold you both in his hands . Walk with Jesus and every thing will be alright . Don't for get to thank him for all he has done , he gave you your daughter ,And sometimes it's hard not to ask way ?? But never have a dought he knows what he is doing .Things will get better .
I have already said a prayer for you. Times will get better. God does not give us more than we can handle, but as you probably know, life is a challenge that sometimes seem unrealistic. The follow passage came to mind when I read your message:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phi 4:6-7

No one can promise that the worse is behind you BUT, through prayer, you are never trully alone.

God blessed you by allowing you to continue life with your daughter. Return the favor by being the best support you can be for her. But remember, once a week or month, take a few hours for you...go see a movie, talk to your priest or a confidant, just go sit at a park. Alone time for Mom is necessary too.
I will pray for you, your daughter and your family. Try and stay strong and remember that you are never alone. Do you have family, friends or clergy that you could talk with? I think anything good you can do for 'yourself' right now would be recommended.
I will be happy to pray for you. What you went through was very traumatic and your mind may now be at a point when it is ready/must deal with your experience. I know if we ask Our Father he will help us and comfort us. You also might try contacting your church or your local Catholic church (you don't have to be Catholic to contact them). Remember God will never give us more than we can handle and he is there to support us
i'll pray for you hun
Why would you want to kill yourself if your daughter is still alive? Isn't that a bit selfish? It seems to me that if you were strong enough to make it through her Leukemia treatment, then you are able to make it through this.

It almost sounds like you expected your life to go back to normal after your daughter's surgery. It just seems that what you are going through now is what you couldn't go through then. You have to be strong for her. Have faith. God doesn't give you anything He doesn't believe you can't handle.

Best of luck
Dont worry i will ('',) you can count on me__x
May the higher power bring luck to you and your daughter.

Have you ever heard of 'The Serenity Prayer?'

It goes like this..

The Serenity Prayer


God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
I don't pray anymore, I kind of lost my religion.

I have know so many people with different forms of cancer, some very dear to me. For some, it is easy to be strong in a crisis. Others rely so heavily on you, you find compelled to support, nurture and be strong, often ignoring your own needs.

It is 100% understandable that you would feel this inner strength drain away once the crisis is over...its called going into shock.

You went through a terrible event, the threat of losing your own flesh and blood, a great battle against an adversary who never fights fair.I don't know how your daughter is now, but I sincerely wish you may share many happy years with her, and that her life may be joyous and full.

Please seek counseling. How can you fully support her if you yourself are an emotional time bomb? How guilty she would feel if she realised in future that you let yourself be torn apart and destroyed because you were too busy supporting her to care for your own needs. You owe it to her, and yourself.

As said, I don't pray, not in a conventional way. I pray in a spiritual manner, no religion involved. My love and positive thoughts are with you. I know for a fact that good people do get their dues. You are a wonderful person, your reward and future strength that you will receive will reflect this. But please seek proffessional assistance so that you can stand firm and be there for your daughter without sacrificing your sanity and happiness.

My goodwill and love are with you.
I will pray for you. I just want you to know that when you were going through that horrific experience with your daughter you were strong for her and so busy you probably suppressed your own very understandable feeling of anger, sadness, and rage at the disease. Now it looks like things are calmer and all the above feelings are hitting you like a ton of bricks now. Depression and suicidally is not uncommon but please get help. Anyone who had a child would need to vent to a person/therapist/clergy whatever works for you. Please seek some assistance it's not a sign of weakness but strength that you ask for help. You did it here and I'm sure many will have you in their prayers and you don't need to thank anyone for that kind of kindness. We are all people that deserve others compassion for their problems. I hope you will find strength in the lord or with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net